[Review] CANMAKE Your Lip Only Balm #02

HI THERE.

Okay. So I know it's been a long time since my last post.. But I've been super busy with post HSC feels and uni prep... I've written a few posts/reviews but honestly had no motivation to finish them off cause they're mostly face related products so I CBB taking photos of my face x skin and stuff. 


Anyways W Cosmetics was having a sale and I saw something/s that I wanted. So long story short, I bought this magical thing and I'm going to review this one.

  ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

This magical thing is the newly(kinda) released lip product from CANMAKE. If you keep up with the latest asian must have beauty products(what?) you'll know that its friend the 'Your Lip Only Gloss', is quite popular, and if you've also bothered to read my review about the lip gloss, you'll know how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE it(5 and counting). So when I found out that CANMAKE was making a balm version, I really wanted to get one, seeing that the gloss one gets used up very quickly (╥﹏╥)

If you're new to my blog and haven't heard about the ever so popular lip gloss. Instead of me rambling on about that, go read my review about that here

Process from the CANMAKE website ↴

Brand: Canmake
Name: Canmake Your Lip Only Balm #02
Price: 650yen (around $8AUD) 
$12.80 - $16.00 (W Cosmetics) STILL CRYING BUT AUST WHATD YOU EXPECT


Just a quick note. I didn't buy the clear #01 balm, I bought the purple #02 one instead. But they both work the same when I switched it on my arm in store. They both applied on clear but changed colour. The #02 was slightly more fuchsia and darker, which I kinda preferred, so yeah. 

  ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡


The packaging, well the box was exactly the same as the gloss. The typical plastic-y box that was super duper fancy with flowers all over, and an illustration of the colour change. Except this time, IT DIDNT HAVE A TEENY COSME MEDAL!



The packaging of the lip balm itself, is completely different from the lip gloss, well I mean DUH its a lip balm. But like the cap isn't just clear with floral printings on it. Its purple-ly black and strangely reminds me of a crystal or maybe even glass. Its kept the golden handle but thats the only similarity.. When you open the balm, the tube itself has b&w floral prints on it too!


  ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡


  ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡


Size wise. Its tiny as heck.. Its the size of my pinkie all the way to the second line on my palm, so that's like 8cm. Compared to the height of the lip gloss though, the lip gloss is around 10.5cm

╮(─▽─)╭


THERES ONLY THIS MUCH PRODUCT. But its kinda lasting me a while... The product itself is a clearish purple colour, which as I said before does apply clear but it changes colour depending on the moisture level. The purple one changes to a slightly darker shade of pink as compared to the clear..

  ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

INSTRUCTIONS:
Apply the necessary amount to your lips, just like using an ordinary lipstick. Within a few minutes of applying, it turns from transparent to pink. The color becomes more vivid over time.

CAUTION:
- Because of characteristic of the product, if you apply liquid to clothes,it's difficult to come off stain. Please be careful that clothing do not have it.

- When you remove make up,please kindly remove carefully by using cleansing(Oil,Cream type etc.) 

- Because of characteristic of the product, there is possibirity the liquid and container change to pink because of change of the high humidity environment, the water which attached to a tip. But quality does not have any problem.

- There is individual difference in color development.



♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ 






Okay, this isn't the best comparison because they're both different shades. But i mean when you apply both at first, they're both clear.. The gloss is pink, but the shade wasn't as vibrant or strong as the balm. 



♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ 



♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ 


Left: Nothing
Right: 1 layer of balm

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ 

PROS:
- Its a little moisturising, at least when im in desperate need for lip balm this helps a bit 
- Sheer/natural pigmentation
- Its kinda cool i mean, purple lip balm what
- UV protection SPF15 PA++
- Application: Smooth, glides on nicely

CONS:
- For some reason, when it dries theres this whitish pink crusty layer on my lip
- Needs to be constantly applied because it dries v quickly but if you apply constantly, since the colours still there, its very BOLD 
- But not very magical (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ No.
- TOO LITTLE PRODUCT, V THIN 
- Kinda expensive for such a tiny lip balm, both Japan RRP yen and aust price
- Doesn't change colour if your lips are dry

RATING:
                                                              ★★


OVERALL:
This is gonna be a crappy summary. Its not a bad product but tbh it was kind disappointing. Im guessing its because I loved the gloss version so much and since its a product of the same 'range' I kinda had high hopes. But there were so many cons as compared to pros. Im personally more of a gloss type of GURL, I like the look of lip glosses compared to lip balm looks

Would I repurchase? 


feat ... dis Lola or Polly??

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment below and follow if you haven't yet. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧