SUPER LATE INVISALIGN # 5: Aligner #56/58 - Almost finished ! No more gummy smile, problems with TADs (Temporary Anchorage Devices)

Helloooo all ! ! 

Yes, I lied about the regular updates because I have zero time management skills to balance blogging and daily life. Im not fit for that blogger life. (This is currently being edited in 2021)

Anyways, I am currently on aligner 56/58 so 2 aligners away from finishing. The gap from the extraction has pretty much disappeared and my overbite is less crazy but it doesn't really look like what they guesstimated(?what) how my teeth would look by the end of the treatment. You can see the pics and video in my previous post.

I currently only have x1 TAD left as the other one had fallen out but since I'm almost done anyways, I'm not going to get it put in again. The problematic TAD had fallen out once before around aligner #30. 

Why it was problematic? 

WELLLLLLL the first month or so the TADs were fine, they were high up in the gums and were doing its job. But then I noticed the screw on the right slowly moving lower and lower to the point that any lower and it seems that it might come out of my mouth. It didnt hurt but I was getting concerned cause teeth have roots yeah so I was thinking wouldnt the screw touch the roots at some point?? Also the screws seem to get loose as well. They would spin so I was also stressed that it would come out and I would swallow it and die (As you can tell I dont know anything as a SN).




I wear one criss crossed cause if you have read in my previous posts, the elastics sometimes cut into my gums so i criss cross them for a little bit to relieve the pressure and then undo it and repeat it all over again.
                                         
                                        ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

I went back to my orthodontist to try and get it tightened since it was easier to get to them than back to the dentist that did the screws. CAN I JUST SAY THAT IT WAS THE MOST PAINFUL THING TURNING THE SCREWS BACK IN WITH NO NUMBING STUFF AND NOT KNOWING IF IT WAS GETTING TIGHTENED OR NOT CAUSE IT WAS SO LOOSE (╥_╥)

Since the gummy smile was still there, I ended up getting another screw put in by the actual TAD dentist but same thing again, a few months later it went down, went loose. This time it was really really loose that I saw it barely hanging in there so I just twisted it some more and took it out myself (Didnt hurt tho).

When I smile you can still see a bit of the gums but its not as bad as before. Cause i didnt want to pay to get it done again I was like will it work with just one screw. Also this whole TADs thing was an experiment anyways that might or might not work. 

The dentist said its fine with one screw, I can keep just wearing the elastic on one side. I was stressed that it would be lopsided cause one screw but they said it’ll be fine.  


Aligner 30ish before second TAD replacement

                                        ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

A few aligners later and still wearing the elastic band on one TAD, my teeth look like this which I think is fine. 


Anyways thats all from me. Until the next appointment BYE BYEEEEE (⌒▽⌒)



Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment below and follow if you haven't yet. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧